Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Major Breakthrough

I am so excited to say that Nolan has written his name independently 3 different times now! Yeah!! This is a HUGE accomplishment after over 2 years of practice...laborious practice. I have yet to see him in action because he saves it for school and once he gets home I have a very difficult time getting him to practice schoolwork. I'm sure it's because he works extremely hard all day at school. This is an answered prayer because I have been very worried about his writing skills. This is a huge step forward for him to become a writer. I am so proud of him and I am looking forward to all of his achievements, little and big!

12 comments:

agnicholl said...

YEAH, Nolan!!! Shawn and I discussed different ideas at the OT Christmas get-together. She was pretty worried, as well. Love to hear progress stories!

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Nolan Rocks!!! :-) Of course, I might be prejudiced as he is my nephew and all.

Monkey McWearingChaps said...

Congratulations to Nolan. And many happy wishes to you on your birthday.

Monkey

CPA Mom said...

Happy, Happy Birthday TO YOU!!

(here from Cagey)

Hope your day is WONDERFUL!

Average Jane said...

Happy Birthday!

Chocolate Covered Susan said...

Hooray for Nolan!! And happy birthday to you!!

Bethany said...

Good for Nolan!

And Happy Birthday to you!

Here from your sister's place.

aibee said...

Yay Nolan, and happy birthday to you!

xx

Jen said...

Way to go Nolan and way to go Nolan's mom. He is so lucky to have you as his mother!

Anonymous said...

I'm late (we're having some issues with our bleepity-bleepy internet), but hope you had a happy birthday!

Christine

LuAnn said...

Happy Birthday!

kreed said...

Hooray!