Thursday, March 1, 2012

Technology.....or lack thereof



In our technology driven world today I want my children to see the importance of turning everything off for awhile and letting those creative juices flow. Sometimes when the TV, computer, and video games go off, I hear "I'm bored. There's nothing to do." But most of the time they trickle outside, play with legos, set up imaginary tea parties, bake goodies, read, or sit down to draw colorful pictures or comic strips. I need to follow suit myself sometimes. I just have a hard time saying no to the laundry...and the broom....and the mop. I did however, dust my pastels off a few weeks ago. So the next time I see my budding artists sitting at the kitchen table, I think I will join them.



A few years back we did no television for a month. And it was fantabulous. So why haven't I done it since? Hmmmm. Good question. I think we might have to revisit that challenge again this summer. And now I'm off to read my book. Which by the way, is NON-electronic. I actually get to thumb through the pages and smell them. Yep. I like to smell books.

No comments: