Thursday, November 6, 2008

Walk Now for Autism

On October 18th, 29 of my friends and family gathered to do the Walk Now for Autism event in honor of my son Nolan and brother Will. Thanks to everyone, we raised over $800! I was so touched looking around at everyone who came out to walk with us and support us. Over 10,000 people showed up for the event, and I couldn't help but think of the families that couldn't physically come due to their child being severely affected by autism. It just felt so good doing something positive. Putting my efforts into something that will hopefully make a difference in my son and brother's lives replaced all of the frustrations we've been feeling. I am so incredibly proud of the both of them for living with this disorder everyday and overcoming challenges that we couldn't even imagine. Thank you to all of my family and friends who have been so supportive!

3 comments:

Shanna Groves said...

Hi Jill,

Thanks so much for visiting my book blog! I think it's amazing what you are doing to raise awareness of autism. What a wonderful mom and sister you are!

Mojavi said...

WHAT! you have a blog and I am just finding this out!!!!!!!!!

agnicholl said...

If you do this again, next year--let me know!