Sunday, February 15, 2009

Here We Go Again

This weekend I started the official training for a half marathon. It is in April, and this will be my 6th half marathon. Fortunately, I am training with two fun ladies which is so much more motivating than training on my own. I am excited to be working towards a goal. However, I have a slight problem. I'm dragging around a load of extra weight. I can handle the mileage I'm doing, I just feel like I'm running with my legs in cement. So, I'm officially committing to losing 10 pounds. I could definitely stand to lose atleast twice that amount, but you'd be surprised how much difference 10 less pounds can make when you're running. First thing on the agenda, no eating after 9:00. I am horrible about snacking on chips, crackers, cheese, and chocolate all hours into the night. Isn't that just awful?! So, I am going to snack on nuts while I'm doing my nightly reading instead. Wish me luck! So maybe I'll be carrying around a few less pounds next weekend when we do our next long run which will be 7 miles. I'll let you know....

3 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck. Weight loss is so hard, but you can do it! Here's to our thinner selves.

Chocolate Covered Susan said...

You are so awesome! I am also terrible about the late night snacking. I tend to eat the worst stuff after A. goes to bed because I don't want her eating it. You would think that would tell me that I shouldn't be eating it either...

Mojavi said...

can you come pick me up and take me with you lol... except I am carrying 50 extra pounds!