Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Running Like the Wind

Ok, so I haven't been running fast, per say. But I have been running quite a lot lately. Typically, I try to run three times a week with one day of cross-training. But with this nice weather I think I might get in 20 miles this week of running! My husband's new evening work schedule means I can steal a run while him and Alaina are down for their naps. Oh how running is so therapeutic for me. I pop in my ipod with my Christian and folk music and I am in another world. The wind blowing at my back and the sun kissin' my face. This is my favorite time of year with the leaves changing and the air turning fresh and crisp. Perfect running weather! A bonus is those times when I have good company to run with. We have deep and meaningful conversations along with lots of laughter and even crying occasionally. Yes, you heard me right, I have cried while running. There are times when we could be running for 2 hours if we are doing a longer run. This is such a wonderful opportunity to get to know someone on a deeper level. And we've also prayed while running. Running for me is so much more than exercise. It is a breath of fresh air for my soul!

No comments: