Sunday, March 29, 2009

Running Plans

Because of illness in my running buddy's family, we are not doing an organized half marathon now. We are however, going to run our own private half marathon. We are still training, we will just have to bump it back a few weeks. We are looking for fun names for our race if there are any suggestions? Tomorrow I am running 10 miles by myself while my children are at school. Thank goodness for my IPOD which, by the way, has a wide variety of music on it. I have Christian alternative, celtic, folk, bluegrass, and rock. The only criteria is, it-must-keep-me-GOING! I do plan to Gu up halfway at mile 5 and hopefully the wind is not a deterrent. Next weekend I am running in a relay race and I am running 2 legs, AND I am the slowest one on the team. Hope they don't think we're breaking any records! I am just thankful and grateful to be out in the Spring air. I truly enjoy it!

2 comments:

Mojavi said...

hey have you tried the nike plus? I like it, and it clicks into your ipod...I just started walk/jogging the couch to 5k...wish my big butt luck :)

kreed said...

I don't have any brilliant name suggestions...it took us three months to come up with a team name for the walk so I am obviously not the creative type!

It is kind of any icky day...I hope you can get out it this. If it clears up I may see you around...I need to get some miles in today myself!