Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Gas Stations


Okay, I haven't posted for awhile, so I'm dusting off this blog to write about a very important subject in our house these days. You ready....gas stations! Yes, we talk about gas stations all day long here. And we also talk about them in detail when we drive by them. And we drive certain routes to drive by our most favorite gas station which happens to be Phillips 66. The one in our town is deserted and closed and I get to hear about it ALL of the time. Every week Nolan chooses the gas station to get gas at and washes the windows while the gas pumps. Don't worry folks, I have him step away from the toxic fumes. Let's just say it is the highlight of his week! And being the uber cool mom I am, I took him to the working Phillips 66 in a town nearby to pump gas as a reward. He informed me that there was another Phillips 66 in this town over on Iowa street. And sure enough the other day I spotted it. He's an AMAZING kid who takes an AMAZING amount of patience, but he sure does make me chuckle every day!

4 comments:

Jen said...

That's awesome! You will be so glad you documented this!

Miriam said...

I think this is the cutest thing ever that he likes gas stations so much! Plus, he's helping out! That's a big rarity in my home. (ahem.) ;) I see "It's A Wonderful Life" is one of your favorite movies! One of my all time faves too...even though I've seen it over a hundred times. We should have a "viewing" this Holiday season! :)

Marathon Mom said...

Let's do Miriam. I haven't seen it in a few years and you know my husband is always eager to sit down and watch it and watch me cry at the end!

kreed said...

So does this mean the fan phase has passed?