Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Woes

We have really done a lot of fun things so far on our Summer break. I love being off with my kids and just enjoying them.... truly I do. However, some days are harder than others. I'm not a Pollyanna, Peachy Keen, Hunky Dorey type of mom, so let me just lay it all out there. They have been fighting like cats and dogs! And fighting kids+more fighting+more fighting=CRAZY MOM. I know it's completely "normal", but by the end of the day I'm at the end of my rope and can't take another quarrel. The other evening I was telling Brendan how tired I was of all the fighting. And he looked at me and said, "We fight all the time." Then he started wailing, "But I still love him!" I am so impressed by these statements. Statements of love that do come out of my kids' mouths. My sister wouldn't admit she loved me until after she left for college!:) Hee, hee. But I do know without a doubt she loves me now. So I just try to focus on the fact that they do enjoy each other even amidst these seasons of fighting. And I have proof...

3 comments:

Jen said...

I hear ya! Thanks for listening to my rants this morning.

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Don't be so sure I love ya. Gotta keep you on your toes. :-D

kreed said...

Not much fighting around here but the talking back and smart mouth are sending me over the edge! Love the pics of your kids - I hope to someday be able to catch some moments like that between my kids. for now they keep their distance from each other for the most part...