Monday, July 4, 2011

First Time Mom

Ten years ago today, I became a mother for the first time. Brendan William Rogers was born two weeks early weighing 8 lbs. 2oz. And my life changed forever. It changed for the better. I became a little less selfish and a lot more selfless. Gary and I went from a couple to a family. I wanted and prayed for a boy first, and God answered those prayers. He is now ten years later a thoughtful, tender-hearted boy who cares so much about his family. He is witty, smart, and creative and loves trying new things that interest him. I tell him on a regular basis that God gave him to us first for a reason. He is the perfect first born child and usually steps up to his big brother roll. (This includes the typical big brother whopping on little brother.:)) I am proud to be his mom. Even though I sometimes long for those days when he was a toddler traipsing around in his colorful galoshes, I also look forward to seeing him as a young man some day. Happy Birthday to my firstborn son!






No comments: