Monday, July 18, 2011

One Liners

To Whom He May Have Offended,

I would like to apologize for my son these days. He is in the habit of spouting off one liners. These one liners are mostly from movies that he watches. And his movie of choice these days is one of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies. You see, I've kind of resorted to lazy parenting lately. Him watching this movie over and over again, day after day results in an hour and a half of blissful SILENCE. So he may sound rude and blunt as he recites movie lines, but he means well. That's his way of conversing with people when he doesn't know what to talk about. It's just his way. I'm not making excuses for him. I'm just explaining why he says what he says. So if he says something totally off the wall, which he often does, just smile, nod, and say, "That's nice." It's probably a line out of a movie.

Sincerely,

Nolan's Mom

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Nolan never offends me - his one-liners and questions always make me smile. So if I say "that's nice", it's because it is....:o)

Amanda said...

Nolan's one-liners have never bothered me. I live in a household where people love to quote movies.